Part of South Carolina

Part of South Carolina
Membkin Abby Park In South Carolina

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Touch of Colorado Omelet

Today I was extremely busy to the point where I had forgotten to eat til 8:30 tonight.  I was hungry but was not up to cooking any meals I wanted to try from my cookbooks or Pinterest under my favorite recipes.  So, I opened my refrigerator and searched while thinking of all the possible quick meals I could whip up for dinner.  When I spied my little zip lock baggie of roasted green chilies, I knew what I was going to make while adding a touch of Colorado in it. 
This is what I grabbed.  Now remember, I didn't add any amount.  What I used was for myself along with Ewok, my dog.  :)  He LOVES everything I cook.  So you may want more than one serving.

Items:

                         2 eggs
                         onion(diced)
                         bell pepper(diced, Any color will do.  I used green in this one)
                         green chilis (coarsely chopped)(if you don't have fresh, you can use canned)
                        approx 1/2 of garlic clove(coarsely chopped)
                        Polska Keilbaski or summer sausage(diced and I used just less amount than the veggies I chopped bc I like the taste to be balanced out instead of the meat overwhelming everything.  That's up to you how much you want to use according to your taste.)
                        shredded cheddar cheese
                        couple of dallops of cream cheese or sour cream(I prefer cream cheese because of the thick creaminess and mild taste really compliments with the heat of my roasted green chilies.
                        Salt and pepper to taste
                        Olive oil for cooking veggies
                        Small pat of butter for cooking eggs
Preheat small pan(I used my smallest cast iron skillet as seen in photo.) Add couple tablespoons of olive oil(any type will do)  cook the veggies except for garlic first.  Cook for approx 5 min til tender but has some crunchiness to it. Add garlic( I like to add garlic in last in same food when cooking so it won't be burnt and ruining the tastes of other veggies) and the sausage for a couple more min.  Set aside.  Scramble eggs with couple of splashes of milk and salt and pepper.  Pour into pan,  Let it cook til almost done.  I add the veggies on one half of the eggs along with shredded cheese.  Fold over the the eggs,  Add remaining cheddar cheese and cream cheese on top.  Once the cheddar cheese is melted, you can remove from heat and slide it onto your plate.  Don't worry about cream cheese not melting.  It'll be just soft enough for you to spread it.  Enjoy!  I know I got a little taste of Colorado tonight.  Only thing was missing was mushroom but that's for next time.  Now I'm off to eat my omelet along with my glass of homemade lemonade.  :)
                         
Looks too beautiful to eat!
Smells sooo heavenly in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment